Find the perfect tutor for you
We are a South African-based tutor-finding website born in 2015. This is a free service, striving to bring private tuition within everyone’s reach. By cutting out the agent, you can find tutors at cost price. This enables clients to get a tutor at rates reduced by up to 50%!
For who is this?
This self-catering system is for the independent-minded person who likes to have more control over matters and who has the time to organise and schedule tutors themselves. If used correctly, it can also help those who are on a tighter budget to afford a tutor.
For those who have less time on hand and prefer to have the agent do all the work, we recommend an agency.
TutorDatabase is easy to use and now offers South Africa the best online tutor-finding solution. Tutor information is made available upfront, alongside the feedback tutors have received in the past, so you can have peace of mind that the tutor you choose comes recommended.
Why Use TutorDatabase?
- Choice – Expert tuition is offered in a wide range of academic subjects, from Languages, Arts to the Sciences and beyond. TutorDatabase will find someone who can help you. Our website allows clients to browse the profiles of all the registered tutors who match your needs. You can contact several tutors and pick the one who you think will work best for you. Simply select the subject you require tuition for and we do the searching for you!
- Free – TutorDatabase is completely free of charge. Most agencies – online and otherwise – may charge either a subscription fee or an additional 30 to 50 percent for every hour of tutoring supplied, but with TutorDatabase there are no extra agency fees or hidden costs. We are aware that many clients do not wish to pay agencies for their continued involvement and are happy to manage their relationship with a private tutor themselves.
- Flexibility – As TutorDatabase is an online service there is no limitation to office hours. Our fully functioning website can be accessed all day, every day; whenever suits you!
- Accessibility – TutorDatabase has been designed with accessibility in mind and is therefore easy to navigate. Should you encounter any problems we have a professional team focused on maintaining user-satifaction.
TutorDatabase vs. a Typical Agency:
TutorDatabase does not operate as a tuition agency, and it is important that our users understand how we are different:
- It’s up to you who you choose to tutor you and why. We don’t interfere or try to influence your decision in any way.
- We provide a secure online forum to allow users to contact tutors directly to discuss their requirements, free of charge!
- Usage of our website is free of charge! We don’t ask any management fees, or act as manager or agent; however we cannot fairly become involved if you are not happy with the tutor you have chosen, as we do not manage the ongoing relationship. We are, however, keen to collect feedback from all clients regarding their tutor a few weeks after making the introduction for the benefit of other users.
What is unique about TutorDatabase?
TutorDatabase is unique as it remains the only free tutor-finding website in South Africa allowing tutors to promote themselves through free public profiles, which clients can access – also free of charge â€“ and the only website that allows tutors and clients to discuss their tutoring arrangements before making any financial commitment. TutorDatabase gives users greater choice and is clear about what tutors can offer in terms of qualifications, experience, and how much they charge upfront.